My predictions for 2019 were not good enough for me to provide them here for review (although, I did call for Tiger Woods to win a major!)
So, for 2020, I see the following:
- Office rent growth will slow in Boston’s suburban markets, but continue to accelerate for industrial properties.
- Life Sciences will lease more space outside of Cambridge than within.
- The Federal Reserve will drop its interest rate by 1/4 percent (once).
- Domestic population out-migration will continue and will lead to slower job growth.
- A sales tax increase targeted at transportation will pass and be signed into law.
- Cambridge Court House redevelopment will finally “break ground”.
- Foreign capital inflows will reach a 5 year low.
- WeWork in Boston will not expand any further, but it will also not contract.
- Housing production levels will drop by more than 20%.
- The Boston Celtics will be in the 2020 NBA Finals.
And bonus prediction: Encore casino will change hands by end of year.